Friday, August 17, 2012

Galvanised Steel Tripod Trigg Island W.A.

Galvanised Steel Fishing Tripod Trigg Island W.A.
This is my galvanised tripod. I have owned it for 11 years and used it exclusively during this period.
The crossbar is hinged and secured with a bolt.
The crossbar rear view.
The footing/spike is made of steel and welded and galvanised.
The seat is marine ply. I prefer the round shape for ease of getting on and off. The rod holder is up high compared with the aluminium tripod. I hang an army kit bag from hooks on the legs to take my fish. 
The steel tripod is heavier than the aluminium one and is starting to rust
I bought this tripod out of The Quokka for $40 in 2001. It was brand new, just back from the galvanisers and unassembled. The name Keith Fleming was written on it in black texta.

Galvanised steel tripod. Trigg Island W.A. 17/08/2012.







No comments:

Post a Comment