Monday, August 20, 2012

Fishing Tripod Rusted And Retired.

Trigg Island Tripod.
Seen Much Better Days.

This is my first tripod, retired for over 10 years now. It started life as a galvanised steel construction and was later modified by me into one of aluminium and steel. I added aluminium extensions to correct an error where I cut off too much of the original steel tubing, trying to rectify a top heaviness.
The aluminium extensions were never truly successful and the tripod suffered from an alarming case of the wobbles.
The central Y shaped hinge is fitted with a double hook which was very useful. This piece is still in good condition.

The footrest consists of a bar secured with a bolt, hinged and able to be dismantled for transport. In many ways I prefer this arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment