Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Aluminium Tripod Trigg Island W.A.

Aluminium Fishing Tripod Trigg Island W.A. 15/08 2012.
I Have had this tripod for a little over 5 years now and in all that time it has sat around at my place doing nothing. I am keen to get it up to working standard.
The marine ply seat has seen better days and probably needs replacing.
The metal structure is still in very good condition.
The crossbar is welded and one piece. This is quite unusual in the tripods I have seen and it greatly improves stability when assembled.



The feet are made of galvanised steel and have been bolted on to the aluminium legs.
This tripod was built and owned by the late Alf Finch. He used it here until 1997 when he retired at the age of 80. I believe he was the oldest person to fish using this method. 
 I recently found this photo of Alf using this aluminium tripod in the late nineties. He would have been about 80 here. The photo was given to me in 2000 by a teacher at Warwick SHS. I can't remember your surname Lou. Thanks. 
Note the red Dolphin torch hanging with the catch bag. He would have picked his way out to the reef edge in the dark and fished through piccaninny  dawn and sunrise.
Alf Finch Tripod Fishing Trigg Island W.A.












No comments:

Post a Comment