Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Trigg Tripod Fishing New Photos


Check out these two new videos.


Here are two videos I have just uploaded showing scenes from Trigg Island 2014. It has so far been a very rough and challenging year with low tides providing only the most marginal of conditions when combined wih a relentless swell.


Just a couple more I have had in my downloads for a while. The top photo shows a couple of fishermen sharing the resource with surfers; Not an ideal situation. The bottom photo depicts Trigg Island from a long time back. No boat ramp. The quality is poor but a lady in Victorian dress can be seen in the middle of the island.
Considering the decades of pounding this limestone structure has taken, the modern day rock is largely unchanged.
The photos are not mine, they are lifted from the internet.

1 comment:

  1. Being a Trigg Kid of the '70s I remember this area as being scoured of sand. I regard this as its natural state.
    The old photo shows The Island in a sandy state more in keeping with its look today.
    I wish that Stirling City Council would cease its operations which increase the sandiness of the beach at The Island
    Every winter I pray for huge storms to wash the sand out to early/mid '70s levels but they never come. My point is, do I remember an unusual situation from my formative years and regard it as normal?





    ?

    Any memories or opinions on this situation?

    ReplyDelete