Sunday, January 22, 2012

Growing tropical fruit in Perth.

Home Grown Mango And Banana.
WINDOW CLEANERS PERTH.

What a summer this is proving to be for the tropical fruit trees at home. If I didn't know any better I'd swear the climate was changing.
Last years grapevine is saved from the council's green waste collection to provide a scruffy encircling mulch of sticks.
Untidy suckers compete for light at the bases of these plants. In past years I have tried to re-locate these while tidying up the area. In the last couple of years I have chosen to leave them and let them do what they will. This has created a vigorous jungle environment which all but looks after itself.


I fish throughout the year and I make a point of never discarding carcass or shell. These are dug strategically throughout the garden and, combined with SOIL FROM the GUTTERS RETURNED TO the GARDEN AS COMPOST, I never need to fertilise.
 The excellent bore water we get here helps also.
Under a stunning summer sky my mango and banana plants have thrived. Ironically, neglect has been the best policy here and I realise that it is not so difficult to grow tropical fruit trees in Perth.

No comments:

Post a Comment